Deputy Auditor General
Tel: +995/32/243 81 09
Fax: +995/32/243 81 09
- Throughout my career, I have made a point of learning a wide range of skills from business analysis to financial management, audit and control.
- As a seasoned business executive with over 10 years of experience managing complex business transactions across different business sectors, I thrive in senior roles within large organizations. The latitude of my experiences across multiple industries spotlights a unique skill set that synthesizes business analysis and strategic thinking into managing and executing complex processes within an organization.
- Core competencies include:
- General Management
- Governance, Risk & Control
- Financial & Tax Accounting
- Operational & Risk Management
- Business Analytics
- Corporate Turnarounds & Restructuring
State Audit Office of Georgia
- Since 2017 October to present - Deputy Auditor General
Geo Farm Holding
- Jan -Sep 2017- Co-Founder & CEO
• Developed and executed company’s long-term strategy, oversaw the accounting and operational functions, negotiated project proposals with foreign investors for business expansion opportunities.
• Successfully managed a large-scale agricultural project from an initial capital raising phase to business development.
- April - Sep 2017 - Director
• Initiated the complete turnaround of the company, engaged external auditors and legal counsel in the due diligence and audit process, and conducted thorough financial and operational analysis of the company.
• Developed a long-term strategic plan, set internal governance and control standards, oversaw the recruiting process.
• Initiated multiple large-scale agricultural development projects, conducted thorough due diligence and technical analysis with the engagement of international experts, coordinated investment proposals with high-level governmental officials including the Minister of Agriculture.
• Approved the investment proposals on the board and launched the project execution valued at USD 12 million.
JSC TBC Bank, Tbilisi, Georgia
- Jan 2011 – Dec 2016 - Head of Problem Loans and Assets Management Department
• Managed three divisions: Assets Management, Business Problem Loans and Retail Problem Loans, with over 50 employees and overall portfolio under management in excess to GEL 300 million.
• Managed the daily decision making process within the department, served on risk and credit committees.
• Conducted and oversaw recruiting process, developed internal control procedures, reporting and motivation systems, division planning and budgeting.
• Led negotiation process with the clients, advised on improving organizational performance and risk profile, advised on business reorganization and/or insolvency practices.
• Prepared division’s strategic and action plans and monitored the implementation process, prepared reports and presentations for top management.
• Coordinated departmental activities with institutional investors and shareholders.
• Closely worked with the bank’s internal and external auditors, followed on the monitoring results, designed the control mechanisms and oversaw their execution.
• Advised TBC Kredit in Azerbaijan and other TBC Bank’s affiliated companies on business process, operations and risk management practices.
• Total assets sold exceeded GEL 200 million, while total troubled loans recovered exceeded GEL 150 million.
• I was nominated twice for the highest performing department award within the Bank.
JSC TBC Bank, Tbilisi, Georgia
- Jul 2009- Jan 2011 - Senior Corporate Recovery Manager
• Managed the largest corporate recovery portfolio in the aftermath of global financial crisis.
• Provided full-scale advisory to clients including but not limited to advising on cash and working capital management, assessment of the viability of different business units, designing and monitoring the implementation of business performance improvement plan.
• Conducted thorough financial statement analysis of portfolio companies, conducted accounting due diligence and developed control mechanisms.
• Conducted legal due diligence and oversaw the action plan implementation process pertaining to the company obligations with third parties including the government, creditors, banks and other organizations.
• Various companies in my portfolio have successfully improved operational performance and achieved sustainable business transformation, while TBC Bank recovered more than GEL 70 million outstanding troubled loans.
JSC TBC Bank, Tbilisi, Georgia
- Jul 2008- Jul 2009 - Corporate Finance Analyst
• Cultivated client relationships, provided full service corporate banking solutions to clients in various industries.
• Conducted project underwriting including thorough financial statement analysis and valuation, validated the reported statements by assessing the legal and tax documents, negotiated the terms and covenants with the clients.
• Monitored the companies in my portfolio, conducted stress testing, industry analysis and benchmarking.
• Coordinated with other departments to provide preferred solutions to client needs.
Agricom LTD, (Representative of Bungee Group in the Caucasus), Tbilisi, Georgia
- Mar 2007- Jul 2008 - Chief Financial Officer
• Managed administrative, financial and risk management functions of the company.
• Prepared Financial Statements according to the IFRS, conducted Tax Accounting according to the Tax Code in Georgia.
• Oversaw the planning, budgeting, implementation, monitoring, legal and tax matters.
• Developed financial projections, monitored cash and working capital and arranging debt and equity financing.
• Managed relations with Tax and State authorities, facilitated the tax audit process.
Agricom LTD, Tbilisi, Georgia
- Sep 2005- Mar 2007 - Chief Executive Officer (Since the company inception)
• Formed the structural units, conducted recruitment, developed internal controls systems and procedures.
• Developed strategic and action plans and monitor the implementation process, managed day-to-day operations.
Georgian Industrial Company LTD, Tbilisi, Georgia
- May 2006- Oct 2007 - Financial Advisor
• Conducted in-depth review of company financial statements, provided financial advisory services and monitored performance.
Agrosystems LTD, Tbilisi, Georgia
- Dec 2004- Sep 2005 - Deputy Chief Accountant
• Prepared financial statements and management reports of the company according to the International Accounting Standards.
Georgian Railway LTD, Tbilisi, Georgia
- Sep 2004- Dec 2004 - Financial Analyst
• Contributed to building tariff methodology, financial analysis and budgeting.
- 2003 – 2004 - Georgian Federation of Professional Accountants and Auditors, Tbilisi, Georgia - Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) Program
- 2002 – 2004 - Tbilisi State University, Tbilisi, Georgia - MSc, Economics
- 1998 – 2002 - Tbilisi State University, Tbilisi, Georgia - BSc, Economics
- 1998 – 2002 - Georgian State Agrarian University, Tbilisi, Georgia - BSc, Food Technology
- Associate Member of Georgian Federation of Professional Accountants and Auditors
- Language Proficiency - Georgian (Native), Russian (Fluent), English (Good).
- Computer Skills - Operational knowledge of MS Office, Bank Operation Programs, Accounting Programs